Skincare, makeup, and beauty should never feel like a burden or a hassle. You should never feel stress or anxiety when it’s time to apply makeup or skincare, and if you do, then I encourage you to reevaluate your routine.
At its heart, beauty should be a fun, lighthearted way to express the best and brightest version of yourself. Whether you love bold lipsticks, glittery eyeshadows, or prefer to keep your fun reserved for the cute skincare products you own, your entire beauty routine should ultimately reflect your personality and goals for yourself.
In light of this, my post is going to take a playful approach to beauty advice. Today, we’re talking about beauty tips according to your zodiac sign! While I don’t live and breathe by my horoscope, I think that learning about your astrological sign can be an exciting way to learn more about yourself as a person. Plus, astrology is great for funny memes that WILL make you feel called out sometimes.
Learning about your astrological sign can be an exciting way to learn more about yourself. And your beauty routine should ultimately reflect your personality and goals.
I’m going to give some beauty and wellness tips that align with the most common traits of each zodiac sign, so you can read them all or skip straight to yours. And if you see tips or tricks for another sign that sound fun to you, try them out! We’re having fun, remember?
Aries (March 21-April 19)
Aries is a fire sign represented by the ram constellation, so it’s no surprise that they’re lively, ambitious, and full of adventure.
This tendency to “go go go” can make it hard for you to settle down, so my beauty advice for this zodiac sign would be:
- Try a CBD bath bomb or body lotion for an infusion of calm and chill. After all, you can’t conquer the world if you’re running on fumes!
- Add a melatonin gummy to your nightly ritual. This can help your mind wind down so that you get more restful sleep.
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
When I think of Taurus, I immediately think “grounded and cozy.” Taurus is a dependable (but stubborn) earth sign that loves anything indulgent.
Since you’re also inherently practical and hate waste, try these tips.
- Indulge your taste for cozy pampering by developing a luxurious nightly ritual. Find bath products, pajamas, and skincare that will last a long time and deliver tried-and-true results.
- Swap some of your more indulgent junk food cravings with a rich, flavorful tea or some fresh, in-season fruit with whipped cream. Your body will appreciate the healthier treats!
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
Oh, Gemini. Some of my dearest friends are Geminis, and it’s not an exaggeration to say that they’re energetic, expressive, and a bit unpredictable.
Geminis are witty, intelligent, and constantly bouncing from one thing to the next, so it can be a little difficult to pin them down. My beauty tips for this zodiac sign would be:
- Scrap the 12-step routine, and find a more streamlined version that works for you. I know that you’re not double cleansing and patting in 7 layers of toner every night. Try keeping some micellar water, reusable cotton rounds, and hydrating sheet masks beside your bed so that you have no excuse to skip the basics.
- Remember to have more fun with your skincare. Buy the product in the cute packaging just because it’s adorable! Take selfies while you’re multimasking! Don’t be afraid to mix and match! It’s what you’re great at.
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
Cancer is a water sign governed by the crab. Much like crabs, they can have a tough exterior, but inside they’re just sweet softies. They’re highly intuitive and empathetic, and they love learning new things.
If you’re a Cancer, my beauty tips for you are:
- Treat your beauty routine as a meditative ritual. This is your moment of self-care, both physically and mentally. Let go of the day with each step so that nothing is dragging on your emotions or sapping your energy.
- Try adding gua sha or a warming eye mask to your routine. Facial massage and moist heat can help you release tension and ensure that you’re not carrying any negative energy into the day (or night).
Leo (July 23-August 22)
Leos are well-known for being the bright and fiery stars of the show, but they’re also wonderfully self-possessed and never look less than their best.
Some people say Leos are proud and vain, but I aspire to have a little bit more of that pride and vanity infused into my own self-image. So Leos, try this:
- Invest in a silk or satin pillowcase and hair scarf. Not only will they help preserve your mane, but they’re great for your skin too. (Plus, you get to sleep in mega luxury every night. Win-win!)
- Get serious about anti-aging. Sunscreen, vitamin C, and retinol should become your new best friends so that you can age gracefully and keep outshining everyone else in the room for decades to come.
Virgo (August 23-September 22)
Even though I’m not a Virgo, I have a LOT of Virgo tendencies, so I relate to this sign pretty well. You guys are hardworking, analytical, pragmatic, and basically always right. I always think of Virgos as the older sisters who are full of great advice and tough love and always have their lives together.
My beauty tips for this zodiac sign:
- Build in wind-down time whenever you’re planning out your day. You know you need it, and you also know that you won’t give it to yourself if you think that time could be “better spent.” Remember that you can’t function optimally if you’re going straight from the end of your to-do list into bed.
- Invest in a pretty and practical way to organize your skincare routine. Mess is stressful, and there aren’t many things that you (and I) love more than a fresh, organized, and efficient routine.
Libra (September 23-October 22)
The scales represent Libras, and they are definitely just as balanced, kind, and diplomatic as you would expect. Libras can also be too practical for their own good, and this can lead to second-guessing themselves or denying themselves things they feel are “unnecessary.”
For my Libras:
- Put that pragmatism to use when it comes to beauty. Remember that a great beauty routine is a long-term investment in your physical, emotional, and mental health. It might feel like you’re splurging on unnecessary things, but trust yourself to make good choices about the products you buy. Be as kind and fair to yourself as you would to a friend!
- Choose beauty products that appeal to your senses rather than your practicality. It’s okay to have two hydrating toners that smell lovely and feel great. It’s okay to spend the extra few dollars on sheet masks that you’re excited to use. Buy the reusable warming eye mask. You’re worth it.
Scorpio (October 23-November 21)
Scorpios are known for their sensuality and “dark and mysterious” nature, but they’re also incredibly resourceful, focused, and fearless.
My advice for Scorpios:
- Set wildly ambitious goals for your beauty routine. Out of all the zodiac signs, you’re the most capable of setting a lofty, specific, long-term goal and attaining it.
- Try new things. Scorpios are usually ambitious and adventurous, so play into that if it resonates with you! Treat yourself to sample sets of skincare, makeup, and perfume every so often and play around with products outside your comfort zone.
Sagittarius (November 22- December 21)
Sagittarius is a sign known for independence, intelligence, and imagination. Don’t try to give a Sagittarius too many rules or restrictions! They’re entirely too free-spirited for that to work.
If you’re a Sagittarius, try:
- Minimalism. The 12-step routine might feel too restrictive or controlled, but that doesn’t mean you have to trash the whole concept. Pick and choose which steps will benefit you and streamline your routine in whatever creative way allows you to stay consistent.
- You can also try low-commitment steps like wash-off masks, sheet masks, and multitasking products. Experiment and have fun!
Capricorn (December 22-January 19)
Where my Capricorns at? This is my sign, and I have to say, I feel like all anyone ever says about us is how hardworking we are. Capricorns are also highly disciplined, patient, and quick-witted.
These traits can make us stubborn, resistant to change, and a little too focused on perfection, though, so it’s a double-edged sword.
So, Cappies, a little advice:
- Add some meditation into your nightly beauty routine. Even a few minutes of focusing on your breathing can help release some of the day’s tension and stress, and it puts you in a more restful state of mind.
- Include plenty of actives in your regimen. You’re disciplined enough to maintain a responsible application schedule AND remember to wear sunscreen every day, so you’ll reap crazy benefits from whichever actives you choose.
Aquarius (January 20-February 19)
Aquarius is a fun, quirky, and unique sign. Aquarians are known for being creative and individualistic, and man do they hate being told what to do.
So, Aquarians, feel free to take or leave my advice, but here it is.
- Embrace your high-maintenance tendencies! Curate a routine that’s as extra and original as you are.
- Try to YOLO it a little less. It’s okay to throw temporary color into your hair on a whim or change your nail color every day, but maybe don’t do a full face of new beauty products all at once? Or, y’know. Maybe just limit it to half new products? Your skin will thank you, trust me.
Pisces (February 19-March 20)
Pisces are sweet, gentle, empathetic, and very creative. They’re the wholesome and pure friends that always know when we need a hug or a treat, and even though I don’t know too many Pisces, I love the ones that are in my life!
For Pisces, my advice would be:
- Keep a stash of hydrogel eye patches and sheet masks in your fridge. We both know you’re going to get emotional over that book you’re reading, the promotion you just got, or that sweet cat rescue video you saw on Instagram. Keeping something soothing on hand for your puffy eyes and post-cry face is always a good idea.
- Curate a beauty routine that appeals to all of your senses. Find fun textures, lovely smells, pretty colors, and cute packaging that speaks to you so that each step brings joy and calmness to your life.
So What’s Your Sign?
Have you tried any of the beauty or wellness tips for your zodiac sign I mentioned? Let’s start a self-care conversation in the comments!